Why Do Conifers Make Great Mini Garden Trees?
Why do our true miniature and dwarf trees and shrubs make such great miniature garden trees? Well, let me count the ways!
- Our miniature garden conifers get better and better with age. The trunks thicken, the branches reach out and a they become “big” mini garden trees.
- There is something for every spot. Some are super hardy. Some are really tolerant of dry conditions and others are happiest in shade.
- They are evergreen! A lot of them will change color in the winter for year-round interest.
- They are low maintenance. Water in the dry months to maintain wrung-sponge-damp soil.
- They grow into bonsai specimens on their own.
- They grow slowly and can stay in scale in your miniature garden for years.
Enjoy this photo blog of some before and after shots. All the trees you see in here are still in our miniature gardens…
View original post 166 more words